Awaken – Visual Art
Thank you for your interest in submitting your art for the Awaken exhibit. Below you will find eligibility and submission information.
SEEK2019 “Awaken” Art, Poetry and Music Entry
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2018 Deadline extended through November 28
Finalists/Winners Notified: December 1, 2018
Eligibility: Only college students are eligible to win. FOCUS missionaries may enter to have artwork be a part of the awaken experience, just not the competition.
“Encounter Something More”
“What are you looking for?” John 1:29-42
Conversion is a powerful moment. Often we remember certain people, smells and details that we savor surrounding moments of conversion. For the apostle John, he remembered the time of day he met Jesus (John 1:39). Take a moment to reflect on John 1:29 –42 and create in artform something that evokes a conversion story. Maybe it’s your conversion? Maybe it’s your friend’s conversion. Maybe it’s a saint’s conversion? Conversion inspires us, challenges us and consoles us to see God at work in our life. We are excited to see what the Holy Spirit inspires you to create!
May St. John Paul II inspire us with his words:
“..it is up to you, men and women who have given your lives to art, to declare with all the wealth of your ingenuity that in Christ the world is redeemed: the human person is redeemed, the human body is redeemed, and the whole creation which, according to Saint Paul, “awaits impatiently the revelation of the children of God” (Rom 8:19), is redeemed. The creation awaits the revelation of the children of God also through art and in art. This is your task. Humanity in every age, and even today, looks to works of art to shed light upon its path and its destiny.”
We are accepting all 2-D work (including photography, drawings, paintings, mixed-media, graphic design, etc.)
Pieces submitted can be no larger than 18×24 in.
All work must be framed (or at least mounted, if graphic design) and able to be hung.
Students: Student Finalists who are selected will have their work displayed at the exclusive art exhibit at SEEK2019. Winner will be published by Our Sunday Visitor publications.
Visual Art Entry directions:
- All Artwork must be an original work (i.e. please do not submit copies of famous work or copies of other artists’ work).
- You must enter online. All entries must be submitted as digital files.
- You may submit up to 4 entries.
- No mailed-in artwork will be accepted.
- All participating artists must be attending SEEK2019 for entries to be accepted.
- The following are welcome to submit entries: 1) Students; 2) FOCUS missionaries. (Priority will be given to submissions in that order).
- Finalists will be notified by December 1 via email.
- If you are chosen as a finalist, you are responsible for delivering a high resolution (at least 300dpi) image to [email protected] by December 5
- All artists must promptly hand-deliver their artwork upon arrival at SEEK2019 on January 3rd and pick up artwork on January 5 upon departure.
- Failure to pick up work by the time stated will result in the work being lost. We cannot mail work back.